S E R V I C E S   T O   F O R E I G N    N A T I O N A L S 

The Consular Section of the Mexican Embassy provides a range of services to Foreign Nationals citizens travelling or residing in Romania, including issuance of visas, among other things.


Holders of any valid U.S.A., Canada, Japan, United Kingdom, Schengen visas (any nationality) or permanent residence of U.S.A., Canada, Japan, United Kingdom, Schengen, Pacific Alliance (Colombia, Peru, Chile) DO NOT require a Mexican visa to travel on business, tourism, or transit purpose for or less than 180 days as long as they present any of the mentioned documents at the point of entry. 

Citizens of the countries listed here do not require a Mexican visitor visa to enter Mexico for business, tourism, short studies (under 6 months)

You can check the list of the countries that do require a Mexican visitor visa here.




:: All documents in Romanian must be translated into Spanish:: 

:: All documents from countries other than Mexico or Romania should be apostilled or legalized::

:: Please make your visa appointment at least 10 days in advance::


Visa holders are allowed to travel to Mexico, however, it is important to state that entry to the country is subject to the final decision of the Immigration and Health Authorities in Mexico on a case by case basis.


All visitors traveling to Mexico for tourist purposes (or attending conferences, seminars, workshops or meetings as long as they are not being paid in Mexico) must fill in the Multiple Migration Form, which is free and available at the following link: https://www.inm.gob.mx/fmme/publico/solicitud.html 

 It needs to be printed and presented to the Mexican Migration authorities at the point of entry.




We strongly advise NOT to make any travel arrangements until a decision on your visa has been made. The Embassy will not take any responsibility for any plane tickets purchased before your visa has been approved.


Please prepare your documents according to the visa type that you will apply for (Click below requirements for each type of visa).


:: Visas for less than 180 days::

  2. Business or Technical visitor -Invitation by an organization that will pay for the trip
  3. Student Visa (less than 180 days)

:: Temporary Resident Visas:: 

If the planned stay in Mexico exceeds 180 day and is less than 4 years, the person must apply for a long-term visa. Depending on the purpose, the person must comply with the following cases:

  1. Work Visa (INM Authorization required)
  2. Family reunification visa (for spouses and children)

:: Other Visas::

If the planned stay in Mexico exceeds 4 years or has a different purpose of those described in the above cases, we invite them to contact the Mexican Embassy, either by phone or email. We will be happy to assist you from Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 13:00.