Guidelines and Stages of the art exhibition
“Hues of Crisis”
1st Stage: How to participate?
- Anyone in the UK can participate (no need to be an artist).
- You must fill out the registration form. Click here
- Works can range across paintings in freestyles and different techniques.
- By submitting the registration form, the Embassy of Mexico in the United Kingdom (from now on "The Embassy") will assume that the participants accept the terms and conditions.
2nd Stage: Reception of the works
• The reception of the works will take place at the Embassy of Mexico in the United Kingdom (16 St George St, London, W1S 1FD), from October 6 to November 3, 2021, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
3rd Stage: Selection and exhibition of the works
• The organizing committee will select the works to be exhibited and inform their authors about this decision via email on November 10, 2021.
• The selected works will be exhibited for three weeks, from November 19 to December 2, 2021, at the Embassy's cultural Pop-up, located at 8 Halkin Street, London SW1X 7DW
.• Opening and exhibition dates will be announced on Friday, November 5.
• Being a call focused on mental health, none of the works will be judged or evaluated in any way or sense. The Organizing Committee will only select the artworks under the criteria deemed pertinent to guarantee the order of the exhibition.
Terms and Conditions
1. The call will be open to any individual residing in the UK, without distinction.
2. All the information detailing the entry into the call is part of these terms and conditions. By submitting the registration documents, the participants tacitly accept these rules.
3. Proposals must be submitted before November 3 at 3:59 p.m. London time (GMT + 0)
4. All proposals sent to participate must be an original creation of the people who send them.
5. The proposal must not be defamatory, obscene, or violate any regulation or legislation.
6. All participants must register with their name, postal address, telephone, email, and accept the terms and conditions.
7. The works selected to be exhibited will be chosen by an organizing committee established by the Embassy, which reserves the right to add or replace any committee members without prior notification.
8. By submitting the form, the participants declare that they have the right over it. By entering the call, participants consent to use their name and piece in advertisements or educational material carried out by the Embassy on its website, social networks and newsletters without prior notification or compensation. The Embassy may or may not publish, use or not use any submitted work, and the participant retains all proprietary rights and the rights to publish, post or use their pieces.
9. Contestants must cover all expenses and costs of transporting their pieces and, if applicable, transporting themselves. The Embassy will not be responsible for the possible damage and/or loss that the works may suffer during any stage of the call/exhibition.
10. The verdict of the Embassy and the members that make up the organizing committee of the open call is final and cannot be appealed.
11. The Embassy will not be responsible for works for damage, loss, mistreatment, incomplete or delivered by illegal means, and reserves the right to reject works that do not conform to the rules of the call. Likewise, the Embassy will not be responsible for technical problems that make it impossible to transmit the application to enter the contest.
12. The personal contact details of the contestants collected by the Embassy will not be used for purposes other than those specified in these terms and conditions, except for information on similar activities and calls that could be useful, unless the participants grant their explicit consent to act otherwise in extraordinary circumstances and not provided for in these terms and conditions. The Embassy collects such information for the purposes of registration, follow up and to keep participants informed.
13. The Embassy reserves the right to modify, cancel or suspend the exhibition in the event of unforeseen circumstances without prior notification.
14. The Embassy will not be responsible for errors or omissions in the communications material related to this call.
15. Participants must comply with the rules and terms and conditions of this call, and the Embassy will consider that they have accepted and understood them if they participate.