Mexico has been characterized by its multilateral vocation that recognizes the possibilities of fostering communication and positive engagement amongst nations. Its Government has actively defended its foreign policy interests, always through clear willingness for negotiation and strong confidence in international cooperation.
By defending and championing the principles of non-intervention and the self-determination of peoples, Mexico safeguards and strengthens its sovereignty; promotes its interests internationally within a context of peace and respect for international law by fomenting cooperation between the government and the various social actors.
In such a context, the Multilateral Affairs section’s mains objectives are to protect, enhance, develop and pursue Mexico’s interests within the international organisations headquartered in the United Kingdom like the International Maritime Organisation (IMO), the International Coffee Organization, the International Oil Pollution Compensation Funds (IOPC), the International Mobile Satellite Organisation (IMSO) whose constitutional agreements Mexico is a member.
The Multilateral Affairs section of the Embassy main activities are:
- To participate, on behalf of Mexico, in meetings convened by the United Nations and specialized bodies’ agencies, which include the negotiation of treaties, conventions and international agreements for the sake of Mexico’s national interests.
- To support Mexico’s initiatives within the United Nations system and all specialized international agencies.
- To promote Mexican’s candidatures in the framework of international organizations.
- To participate to the regular meetings of the international organizations headquartered in London.
- Permanent Mission of Mexico to the United Nations http://mision.sre.gob.mx/onu/
- Permanent Mission of Mexico to the international organizations based in Geneva http://mision.sre.gob.mx/oi/
- Permanent Mission of Mexico to the international organizations based in Vienna http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/austria/
- Permanent Mission of Mexico to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) http://embamex2.sre.gob.mx/italia/