Ambassador Armando G. Alvarez
· Born in the State of Tamaulipas, on November 28, 1958.
· Married to Gladys Tenorio, with two children, Rodrigo and Diego.
· Fluent in English and knowledge of French.
· Bachelor in International Relations, National Autonomous University of Mexico
· Master in International Relations with a specialization in Pacific Studies from Deakin University in Melbourne, Australia.
· Master's Degree in Higher Command and National Security, by the Centre for Naval Superior Studies of the Mexican Navy.
· Entry as a career member of the Mexican Foreign Service (1988).
· Head of the Department of Central America at the Secretariat of External Relations (SRE) (1987-1988)
· Head of Cooperation, Mexican Embassy in Guatemala (1989-1993)
· Deputy Consul in Sydney, Australia (1993-1996)
· Deputy Chief of Mission at the Mexican Embassy in South Korea (1996-2000)
· Delegate of the SRE in the State of Campeche (2000-2002)
· Commissioned in the Secretariat of the Navy (2002-2003)
· Director for the Organization of American States at the SRE (2003-2004)
· Deputy Chief of Mission at the Mexican Embassy in Costa Rica (2004-2007)
· Director General for Asia-Pacific at the SRE (2007-2012)
· Ambassador of Mexico to Costa Rica (2012-2013)
· Ambassador of Mexico to Australia (2014-2017)