General requirements to enter Mexico.

  • Valid passport / Your passport should be valid at the time of entry and during the period of your stay in Mexico. However, it is highly recommended to contact the airline company you are traveling with, in order to comply with their requirements. Temporary/emergency passports are welcome in Mexico.
  • Visa, if applicable. You need a visa? go to our visa sectionRemember that having a visa does not guarantee the entrance to Mexico.
  • A custom form should be filled out online AFTER your arrival using the information from the passport you used to enter the country. Please go to the following link to obtain it  -

Recommended documents to be brought with you (printed):

  • Return ticket (airplane, bus, cruise e.t.c)
  • Hotel booking details.
  • Insurance

At the point of entry, an Immigration Authority shall stamp your passport allowing you to stay in Mexico for a certain amount of days. If a number is not written, it means you are allow to stay up to 180 days.

Are you traveling with medications?

You can bring medicine for your own use but if the medicine contains drug-classified substances, a medical certificate with English translation it's needed. To get information about drug-classified substance, please refer to your doctor.

Also, medications for anxiety and depression are welcome in Mexico, for personal use.

Medicines should be transported in their original package.


Are you traveling with alcohol drinks and tobacco?

Each passenger of legal age, can bring a maximum of 10 packs of cigarettes or 25 cigars and up to 3 liters of alcoholic drinks or 6 liters of wine.

Are you visiting Cancún or any other city in the State of Quintana Roo? A Tax should be paid.

All foreign passengers visiting Cancún or any other city in the State of Quintana Roo should pay a special tax called "VISITAX". You can pay it in advance or at your arrival.

Fee: 271 Mexican pesos, equivalent to a 180 SEK, approx.

To make the payment -