Tourism and Business
All required documents must reflect complete name as shown in passport.
- Original passport valid for at least six months and a clear photocopy of the first and last page (vertical).
- Proof of legal stay in Romania (Visa copy or Resident card) in case the applicant is not a Romanian citizen.
- One recent passport-sized photograph (4.5 CM X 3.5 CM), white background, without glasses. Face should cover 80% of the photo-
- Proof of financial situation: submitting documents that proof at least one of the two following conditions (a or b):
i. Original and copy of the deed of property duly registered in the name of the applicant and a job letter proving stable employment for at least 2 years, or
ii.Original and copy of the deed of property duly registered in the name of the applicant and document proving ownership or participation in business issued by the competent authorities with a minimum of two years of activity.
b. Financial solvency
i. Original and copy of documents proving monthly incomes higher than the equivalent of €500 over the past three months (please bring original payslips or personal bank statements certified by the bank for the last 3 months) and proof of stable employment with a minimum of one year, or
ii. Original and copy of proof of investments or bank accounts with a monthly average balance of €1400 for the past three months, or
iii. For foreigners who are university students, originals of their study records and proof of stable employment, pension or scholarship with a monthly income of an equivalent of €285, during the last three months.
- In case of business travel, letter of invitation from the Mexican company indicating the purpose and length of the trip and original cover letter given by your employer indicating the purpose and length of the trip.
- Payment of the consular fee: $40 USD (the payment must be in USD dollars, in cash and the exact amount). A receipt will be issued accordingly
- Personal presence of the applicant is mandatory for biometric process and interview.
- The Consular Section may request further forms of proof depending on each case.
- Having a Mexican visa gives the possibility to travel to the country, but the entry to Mexican territory is subject to the final decision of the Immigration and Health Authorities in the country.
- For spouses who are financially dependent on the main applicant, include marriage certificate duly apostilled.
- For children/ applicants under 25 years old who are financially dependent on the main applicant, include birth certificate duly apostilled.
- For parents dependant on the main applicant, include birth certificate of the main applicant duly apostilled by the Ministry of External Affairs.