Work Visa (INM Authorization required)
If the applicant will be hired by a Mexican company or institution and will receive their wages in Mexico, the company or institution must submit the application before the local office of the National Immigration Institute (INM) in Mexico, www.inm.gob.mx.
Once the applicant has this authorization, he/she needs to submit the following documents, in person:
- Original passport valid for at least six months and a clear photocopy of the first and last page (vertical).
- Proof of legal stay in Romania (visa, resident card or entry stamp) in case the applicant holds another nationality.
- (Download here).
- Copy of the authorization from the National Immigration Institute (INM).
- Original cover letter given by your employer indicating the purpose and the length of the trip.
- Invitation letter/employment letter from the Mexican employer.
- One recent passport-sized photograph (4.5 CM X 3.5 CM), white background, without glasses. Face should cover 80% of the photo.
- Visa fee ($36 US Dollars).
This is a single entry visa and will allow the applicants to enter to the country to exchange it for a Temporary Resident Card within 30 days upon their arrival at the nearest migration office (INM). The temporary resident card will be valid for one year and multiple entries.
Personal presence of the applicant is mandatory for biometric process and interview.
Having a Mexican visa gives the possibility to travel to the country, but the entry to Mexican territory is subject to the final decision of the Immigration and Health Authorities in the country.
The Consular Section may request further forms of proof depending on each case.