Student visa (for a stay in Mexico up to 180 days)
All visas are processed at the Mexican Embassy in Bucharest (Str. Herastrau 18, sector 1, Bucharest, Romania, tel: +4 021 210 47 28 or +4 021 210 45 77). The physical presence of the applicant at the Embassy is an absolute requirement for the biometric process and interview.
- Present a valid passport with an expiring date of at least six months after the date of the desired entry in Mexico.
- Fill in the visa application form - Click here (print on both sides)
- One passport size photograph (color, with the face clearly visible, without glasses, white background, and taken within the last month).
- Proof of legal stay in Romania (Visa copy or Resident card or passport with Romanian immigration entry stamps.) in case the applicant is not a Romanian citizen.
- Acceptance letter from any institution from the National Education System, to attend a course, study, research project, academic or professional program, for a term of 180 days or shorter. The letter must have the Institution’s letterhead and specify the following details of the applicant: full name and nationality, level and study program, name of the course you’ve been accepted to, estimated duration or dates of the academic activities as well as the cost of the course and the official registration number of the academic institution.
- Proof of financial solvency to cover the cost of tuition and living expenses. You will need to show proof of investments or bank statements with a monthly average income of 150 minimum daily wages in Mexico City during the last 3 months. Or documents showing that you have a steady job, a pension or a scholarship (for example, payslips), that shows a monthly income of at least 100 minimum daily wages in Mexico City in each and every one of the last three months.
- Payment of the consular fee: $44 USD (the payment must be in USD dollars, in cash, and the exact amount). A receipt will be issued accordingly. The payment will NOT be refunded if the visa application is rejected.
♦ Economic solvency can be satisfied by the student, his or her parents or whoever has the legal custody over the student, as long as he or she is not older than 25 years of age (in this case you must present a notarized letter that states who will cover your tuition and personal expenses). It can also be proved by the original document attesting that the student has received a full scholarship or document issued by a bank or financial institution showing that counts with the appropriate financing.
The Consular Section of the Embassy is open from Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 13:00 hours.
- The personal presence of the applicant is mandatory for the biometric process and interview.
- The Consular Section may request further forms of proof depending on each case.
- Having a Mexican visa gives the possibility to travel to the country, but the entry to Mexican territory is subject to the final decision of the Immigration and Health Authorities in the country.