Open: Monday-Friday, 9:30-13:00.
Closed: Saturday, Sunday, Public holidays in Japan, Mexican Independence Day and Christmas.



Address: 100-0014 Tokio-to, Chiyoda-ku, Nagatacho 2-15-2, 1st floor.
Telephone: + (81-3) 3580-2961/2
Fax: + (81-3) 5510-4324
E-mail:This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
For more information, please contact us by email or call to the consular section between 15:00 and 17:00 hrs.



If you meet any of the following requirements, you do not need a Mexican visa to enter Mexico:
• In case you wish to visit Mexico as tourists, in transit, for business, technical activities, studies, etc, for a period not exceeding 180 days, and will not receive any remuneration at all in Mexican territory.
• If you are a national of any of the countries listed below:


American Samoa French Guiana Niue Islands
Andorra French Polynesia Norfolk Islands
Anguilla Germany Norway
Argentina Gibraltar Oman
Aruba Greece Palau
Australia Greenland Panama
Austria Guadeloupe Paraguay
Azores Islands Guam Islands Peru
Bahamas Hong Kong Pitcairn Islands
Barbados Hungary Poland
Belgium Iceland Portugal
Belize Ireland Puerto Rico
Bermuda Israel Reunion Island
Brazil Italy Romania
British Indian Ocean Territory Jamaica San Marino
British Virgin Islands (BVI) Japan Singapore
Bulgaria Latvia Slovakia
Canada Liechtenstein Slovenia
Cayman Islands Lithuania South Korea
Chile Luxembourg Spain
Christmas Islands Macao St. Helena
Cocos (Keeling) Islands Mayotte (Mahoré) Sweden
Colombia Malaysia Switzerland
Cook Islands Malta Tokelau
Costa Rica Mariana Islands Trinidad and Tobago
Croatia Marshall Islands Turks and Caicos
Cyprus Martinique United Kingdom of Great Britain
Czech Republic Micronesia, Federated States of  United States of America
Denmark Monaco Uruguay
Estonia Montserrat US Virgin Islands
Falkland Islands Netherlands (Holland) Venezuela
Faroe Islands Netherlands Antilles Wallis and Futuna Islands
Finland New Caledonia  
France New Zealand  



• If you present a valid visa or permanent resident card of United States of America, Canada, United Kingdom, Japan or any of the countries comprising the Schengen area.

• If you present a valid permanent resident card of Chile, Colombia or Peru.

In case you have a Japanese temporary residence card but it’s not a permanent one, you need to apply for a Mexican visa.



SAE is an online system, which allows Russians, Ukrainians and Turkish to obtain an electronic authorization to travel to Mexico without a Mexican visa. (In case you travel to Mexico for tourism, transit, business purposes, etc). The conditions to obtain this authorization is to hold a valid passport of Russia, Ukrania or Turkey and to arrive at Mexico by air. Before you obtain this electronic authorization, please verify that the airline is incorporated to SAE. For more information, please check the website:


If you do not fulfill one of those criteria mentioned above, then you require a Mexican visa to enter the country. Please visit the link to verify the visa requirement. A Mexican visa for visitor is valid for 180 days from the day it will be issued and it is multiple entry visa.
Visitor visa without permission to conduct remunerated activities
-The Mexican Consular Section has the right to request more documents if needed.
-The application must be submitted at least two or three weeks prior to your planned visit.
-We only accept the documents issued in Mexico or in Japan. If the documents are issued in a different country, they must have apostille certificates.
-Any hand writing document is not acceptable.
-All the document written in Japanese need to be attached with a translation in Spanish or English.


Application format

Visitor visa: Length of stay is less than 180 days
-Visitor visa with permission to conduct remunerated activities (NUT number is required)

Temporary resident visa: Length of stay is more than 180 days and less than 4 years
-Temporary resident visa with permission to conduct remunerated activities
 (NUT number is required)
-Temporary resident visa without permission to conduct remunerated activities
-Student temporary residence visa

Permanent Residence Visa


To make an appointment please log in at:

To select language preferences, it is on the top right corner.
In case of families, please set an appointment for each member of the family.


If the applicant is under 18 years of age, he or she must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If the visa application is delivered only by its father or its mother, it is mandatory to submit a notarized authorization from the other parent. If minors or persons requiring legal guardianship attend by themselves or someone different to their parents, it is mandatory to submit a notarized document in which their parents or legal guardianship authorize the visa application.


Frequently Asked Questions




Sección Consular