PARTICIPATE IN THE 22ND “ÉSTE ES MI MÉXICO” (THIS IS MY MEXICO) CHILDREN’S DRAWING CONTEST 2018 - “HISTORY, TRADITIONS, GASTRONOMY, BEACHES, MUSIC."
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Institute of Mexicans Abroad (IME) is pleased to invite you to participate in the XXII Children’s Drawing Contest “Este es mi México”, with the subject "Éste es mi México: History, traditions, gastronomy, beaches, music".
Mexico is the sum of its richness; its breathtaking sights; the monumental archeological zones; its enormous cities and beautiful towns; Mexico is a country with a vast culture and memorable traditions, delicious gastronomy; and above all its habitant that magnify it day a day.
The works received will be a reflection of how children from around the world see our México. How will a child from United States imagine our homeland? How would a Child from Bulgaria, Croatia or Hungary? How a child from México captures its colorfulness?
This year, we convene all children to learn and draw about México, its extraordinary history, its millennial traditions, its gastronomy renowned worldwide, its beaches that invite tourist from around the world, its music full of memories, the sights and beauties.
WE COUNT ON YOU ALL
TO START THIS NEW ADVENTURE
- Make a drawing.
- Send your drawing to (Embassy of Mexico in Hungary, 1024 Budapest, Rómer Flóris u. 58.) or the nearest Embassy, Consulate of Mexico or Delegation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Be between 6 and 14 years old.
- Make your drawings or paintings with brush, pencil, acrylics, watercolors, crayons or any other material of your choice.
- Draw or paint on a square cardboard (30 x 30 cm / 12x12 inches).
- Paste the REGISTRATION FORMAT with all the requested data on the back of your drawing.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION.
Every year thousands of children from all around the world participate in the Children´s Drawing Contest “Este es mi México”.
12 winning drawing and 50 honorable mentions are selected, and will take part in an itinerant exposition that will be inaugurated in Mexico City and after will be send all around the globe.
- The 12 winners will receive a package of Mexican literature books, a diploma and a surprise gift.
- The 50 drawing with honorable mention will receive a package of Mexican literature books and a diploma.
- The 62 selected drawings will be published in the IME 2018 calendars.
- Representatives of the Ministry of Culture of Mexico and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Representatives of the Institute of Mexicans Abroad.
- Guest artists
For the selection of the 12 winning drawings and 50 honorable mentions, the jury must take into consideration the geographical distribution –North America; rest of the world and Mexico– as well as the ages of the participants 6-8; 9-11; 12-14.
Closing date: May 31, 2018
DO NOT FORGET
- Sign and date your drawing.
- Paste the REGISTRATION FORMAT on the back of the drawing,
- Write down your name and description of your drawing,
- Send the drawings to us (Embassy of Mexico in Hungary, 1024 Budapest, Rómer Flóris u. 58.) or the nearest Embassy, Consulate of Mexico, or Delegation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before the deadline: May 31st
ATTENTION, REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATION:
- Copied or worn drawings, or where the help of an adult is noticed.
- Incomplete drawings, those which do not include the registration format or which do not respect the specified size (30cm x 30cm or 12 "x 12"), will not participate either,
- Drawings that do not respect the theme.
By participating in this Contest, you assign the rights of the drawings to the IME so those can be used in exhibitions and publications for promotional purposes.
The results will be published on the IME website on the 29th of June 2018.