• ¿Cuáles son los requisitos para viajar, trabajar y/o estudiar en Canadá?

Los permisos para residir, trabajar o estudiar en Canadá son competencia exclusiva de las autoridades canadienses.

Para cualquier información relacionada con trámites migratorios ante Canadá, se sugiere visitar el sitio electrónico de  Citizenship and Immigation Canada.


  • ¿Si mis hijos nacieron en Canadá, pueden ser mexicanos?

Si el padre, la madre o ambos, son mexicanos, los hijos pueden obtener la nacionalidad mexicana mediante el registro civil de nacimiento. Para poder llevar a cabo este trámitel se necesitan una serie de requisitos que puede consultar aquí.


  • Me encuentro viviendo en Canadá y deseo obtener mi licencia de conducir canadiense. ¿El Consulado o la Embajada me pueden expedir una constancia sobre mi experiencia de manejo en México con la presentación de mi licencia mexicana?

Las representaciones mexicanas no tienen facultades para expedir una constancia de esta naturaleza, por lo que se recomienda consultar con la autoridad Estatal que expidió la última licencia de conducir.



  • I am travelling to Mexico soon and my passport is set to expire in less than 6 months. Can I travel to Mexico with it?

If your passport is valid during the entire period that you will be travelling in Mexico and until your return to Canada, you can travel to Mexico with it.


  • Can I travel to Mexico if I have a criminal record?

At the point of entry, Mexico's immigration officers (INAMI) are the only authority that can accept or refuse the entry of any traveller into Mexico, regardless of whether the traveller has previously obtained a visa or is exempt from needing one. Click here for more information.


  • What are the requirement to legalize Canadian documents so that they are valid in Mexico?

The interested party must go to the Global Affairs Canada offices and then to the corresponding Mexican consular representation in order to obtain the legalization of any Canadian public document intended for use in Mexico. For more information, click here.


  • If I am not a Canadian citizen but I am a permanent resident of Canada, do I need a visa to travel to Mexico?

If you have a Canadian PR card and wish to travel to Mexico, you do not need any type of visa if your stay in Mexico does not exceed 180 days. For more information, click here.


  • I am not a Canadian citizen and do not hold a Canadian visa. Do I need a visa to be able to visit Mexico?

If you are not a Canadian citizen and you do not have a Canadian visa and are a citizen of one of the following countries  you DO need to obtain a visa in order to enter Mexico. The requirements for obtaining a visa can be found here.


  • If I only have a Travel document that is not mentioned above, do I need a visa to be able to go to Mexico?

If you have a Travel document that has not been mentioned above, we suggest you scan it and e-mail it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so that we can tell you the steps you need to follow in the event that you do need a visa.


  • What are the requirements for a Temporary Residency Visa?

If you are travelling to Mexico for less than 180 days, you do not need a temporary visa. If you plan to stay in the country for more than 180 days and less than 4 years, you can apply for a Temporary Residency Visa with the following requirements.


  • What are the requirements to apply for a permanent resident visa?

Foreigners who wish to make Mexico their permanent place of residence can apply for a visa once they meet these requirements.  


  • What are the requirements for a work visa?

Foreigners who wish to travel to Mexico with the aim of performing paid activities must have an employment offer from Mexico. The person or institution in Mexico that is carrying out the hiring is the one who must initiate the process of applying for the visa directly with the National Institute of Migration in Mexico. The Embassy or Consulate can only grant the visa if it has already been authorized. Click here for more information.