BUSINESS VISA REQUIREMENTS
· Nationals of Trinidad and Tobago and Barbados DO NOT require a visa to enter Mexico for tourism or business purposes, for up to 180 days. Nationals of Suriname DO require a visa.
· Nationals of any country who hold proof of residency or a valid business or tourist visa for the United States (B1/B2), Canada, Japan, the United Kingdom or any country within the Schengen Space (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area), or have permanent residency in Chile, Colombia or Peru, DO NOT require a Mexican visa to travel for tourism or business purposes for up to 180 days.
· Please be advised that at this Embassy, we can only process visa applications of nationals other than Trinidadians, Barbadians or Surinamese who are legal residents and/or hold a work permit in any of those countries.
1. Fill out the Application Form L1. Download it from http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/trinidadytobago/ .
2. Valid passport, for at least 6 months from intended date of entry.
3. Letter of invitation from a Chamber of Commerce or Industry; a Business Association: a Public or Private Organization; an Industrial, Commercial or Financial Business or Institution in Mexico, that includes the following information:
· Name and nationality of person applying for the visa.
· Name of business or organization.
· Registration number of business or organization.
· Letterhead of company or organization with contact information.
· Information on the activity or project to be carried out by the person applying for the visa.
· Duration of activity or project that the person will be participating in.
· Indicate responsibility for expenses during the stay in Mexico.
4. Letter of appointment from the company sending the person to Mexico, indicating responsibility for expenses during the stay in Mexico.
5. Bank letter addressed to the Embassy. Copies of bank account(s) statements for the three (3) months prior to application date.
6. Return airline itinerary.
7. One passport size photograph (minimum size 3.2 cm x 2.6 cm; maximum size 3.9 cm x 3.1 cm; white background, no eye glasses).
8. One photocopy of the following documents: passport bio data page; National ID; any former Mexican visa; any valid visa from other country; marriage certificate, if required. If documents are in a language other than Spanish or English, a simple translation to either of these languages will be required.
9. Proof of permanent or temporary legal residence will be necessary if you are not a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago, Barbados or Suriname.
10. Appointment required. Monday to Friday, 10:00 am to 1:00pm. Please make your appointment at (868) 622-1422, ext. 229.
11. Visa fee: US$36 payable in TTD (Please request exact amount in TTD prior to arriving at the Embassy).