MEXICAN TOURIST VISA REQUIREMENTS
· Nationals of Trinidad and Tobago and Barbados DO NOT require a visa to enter Mexico for tourism or business purposes, for up to 180 days. Nationals of Suriname DO require a visa.
· Nationals of any country who hold proof of residency or a valid business or tourist visa for the United States (B1/B2), Canada, Japan, the United Kingdom or any country within the Schengen Space (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area), or have permanent residency in Chile, Colombia or Peru, DO NOT require a Mexican visa to travel for tourism or business purposes for up to 180 days.
· Please be advised that at this Embassy, we can only process visa applications of nationals other than Trinidadians, Barbadians or Surinamese who are legal residents and/or hold a work permit in any of those countries.
1. Duly filled L1 Application Form. Download it from: http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/trinidadytobago/
2. Valid passport, for at least 6 months from intended date of entry.
3. Proof of permanent or temporary legal residence (visa and work permit) will be necessary if you are not a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago, Barbados or Suriname.
4. Job letter addressed to the Embassy indicating monthly salary and seniority. Documents attesting ownership of business are also accepted.
5. Bank letter addressed to the Embassy. Copies of bank account(s) statements for the three (3) months prior to application date.
6. Return airline itinerary.
7. One passport size photograph (minimum size 3.2 cm x 2.6 cm; maximum size 3.9 cm x 3.1 cm; white background, no eye glasses).
8. One photocopy of the following documents: passport bio data page; National ID; any former Mexican visa; any valid visa from other country; marriage certificate, if required. If documents are in a language other than Spanish or English, a simple translation to either of these languages will be required.
For under-age applicants (under 18 years old): original birth certificate, apostilled by the proper national authority and certified by the Consular Section of the corresponding Mexican Embassy, must be submitted. Both parents have to be present; otherwise, written and notarized permission of the missing parent for the child to be documented, will be necessary.
9. Appointment required. Monday to Friday, 10:00 am to 1:00pm. Please make your appointment at (868) 622-1422, ext. 229.
10. Visa fee: US$36 payable in TTD (Please request exact amount in TTD prior to arriving at the Embassy).