Visa for Temporary resident with work permit
A temporary resident visa with work permit (work visa) will allow the applicant to enter Mexico, receive a temporary resident card and undertake paid activities in the country.
The visa is valid for six months and includes one entry. Once the applicant arrives to Mexico, he or she must present their visa at the National Migration Institute (INM) within 30 days of its arrival in order to receive a Temporary Resident Card which will allow the applicant to stay in the country for up to four years, depending on their contract and other circumstances.
All temporary resident visas with work permit must be requested by the employer in Mexico directly with the National Migration Institute (INM).
Once the INM has authorized the request, the applicants must schedule an appointment for an interview at the relevant Consular Section.
- Visa application form
- Passport and copy of any page that includes personal information
- Valid Visa or Zairyu card for non-Japanese citizens
- NUT confirmation letter. Approval letter issued by the “Instituto Nacional de Migración (INM)” where the “Número Único de Tramite” or “NUT ” is indicated.
- One colour picture (3 cm × 4 cm), front view, with no eyeglasses and white background
- Application fee. Non-refundable if not approved.
Important information to know
- The visa is valid for six months and includes one entry.
- Once the applicant arrives to Mexico, he or she must present their visa at the National Migration Institute (INM) within the first 30 days of arrival, in order to receive a Temporary Resident Card which will allow the applicants to stay in the country for up to four years, depending on their contract and other circumstances.
- Documents must be submitted in original and a copy.
- Documents that are not in Spanish or English need to be accompanied by a translation in Spanish.
- On a general basis, the visa will be ready on the same day of the appointment but this is not guaranteed.
- The physical presence of the applicant at the Consular Section of the Embassy is an absolute requirement.
Applicants must schedule an appointment on this website: