Visitor visa with work permit
A visitor visa with work permit (work visa) will allow applicants to enter Mexico, receive and undertake paid activities in the country for six months.
All visitor visas with work permit must be requested by the employer in Mexico directly to the National Migration Institute (INM).
Once the INM has authorised the request, applicants must schedule an appointment on this website: https://mexitel.sre.gob.mx/citas.webportal/pages/public/login/login.jsf
If the consular interview is successful, a visitor visa with work permit will be granted.
- Visa application form
- Passport and copy of any page that includes personal information
- Valid Visa or Zairyu card for non-Japanese citizens
- NUT confirmation letter (provided by the INM)
- One colour picture (3cm ×4cm), front view, with no eyeglasses and white background
- Application fee. Non-refundable if not approved.
Important information to know
- The visa is valid for six months and includes multiple entries
- Documents must be submitted in original and a copy
- Documents that are not in Spanish or English need to be accompanied by a translation in Spanish
- On a general basis, the visa will be ready on the same day of the appointment but this is not guaranteed
- The physical presence of the applicant at the Embassy is an absolute requirement