Foreign minors (under 18 years of age) travelling to Mexico alone or with a third party of legal age as tourists or with a short stay for study purposes (up to 180 days), DO REQUIRE authorization or a letter of consent from their parents or guardians. 

The following people also DO REQUIRE proper authorization or a letter of consent from their parents or legal guardians, if they are a minor (under 18 years of age) and are travelling alone or with a third party of legal age:

• Mexican nationals residing in Mexico.

• Mexican nationals residing abroad.

• Mexican nationals with double nationality.

• Foreigners with temporary residence or permanent residence in Mexico.

When departing from Mexico, apart from presenting a valid passport of the minor, an authorization/consent letter granted by a notary public must be displayed, through which both parents or legal guardians give authorization of the departure of the minor from Mexico. This document must contain the means of travelling, the destination and the date of travel. In case of having this document released abroad, it must be attested by Apostille Stamp and its Spanish translation must also be attached.

On the website of Mexico’s National Institute of Migration, a form is available in Spanish language which can replace the authorization letter granted by a notary in case of being filled properly and providing the required attachments.

In the cases listed above, minors who are travelling with at least one parent DO NOT require this authorization.

Requirements for minors entering or leaving Hungary, Bulgaria and Croatia: