Beginning December 1, 2016, Canadian citizens who are holders of diplomatic or special passports and wish to transit or remain in Mexican territory for a period of up to ninety days, will not require a visa.
The requirements for holders of diplomatic or official passports who do require a visa, are as follows:
- Visa application printed on one page, double-sided: English version. Spanish version.
- Valid diplomatic or official passport and a photocopy of the page containing the photograph and personal data.
- One photograph measuring 3.9 cm x 3.1 cm, face uncovered, no eyeglasses, frontal view, in color and with white background.
- Diplomatic note from the Embassy or consular office of the country the passport holder represents.
- In the case of Canadian officials who will remain in Mexico for more than ninety days or be accredited in Mexico, a diplomatic note from Global Affairs Canada or an official note from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will be required.