Requirements for a Retired Permanent Resident Visa
1) Fill out the Application Form L1. Download it from http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/trinidadytobago.
2) Valid passport, for at least six (6) months from intended day of entry.
3) Proof of permanent or temporary legal residence, or legal entry, will be necessary if you are not a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago, Barbados or Suriname.
4) One color passport size photograph (minimum size 3.2 cm x 26.0 cm; maximum size 3.9 cm x 3.1 cm; white background, no eye glasses).
5) Financial solvency (choose only one of the following options):
a) Letter from your bank or financial institution stating that you have investment funds or savings of at least 80,000 USD monthly average balance and provide the related bank statements for the last 12 months in which that amount is reflected. The bank or financial institution letter must be original and include the applicant’s complete name, bank account number, balance for the last 12 months and it has to be signed by the branch manager.
b) Prove that you have a monthly income from Social Security or pension of at least 2,000 USD. In order to prove income, you can provide your pension receipts for the last 6 months or a letter from Social Security stating the monthly amount that you will be receiving and the related bank statements in which that amount is reflected.