VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR ATHLETIC EVENTS
· Nationals of Trinidad and Tobago and Barbados DO NOT require a visa to enter Mexico for tourism or business purposes, for up to 180 days. Nationals of Suriname DO require a visa.
· Nationals of any country who hold proof of residency or a valid business or tourist visa for the United States (B1/B2), Canada, Japan, the United Kingdom or any country within the Schengen Space (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area), or have permanent residency in Chile, Colombia or Peru, DO NOT require a Mexican visa to travel for tourism or business purposes for up to 180 days.
· Please be advised that at this Embassy, we can only process visa applications of nationals other than Trinidadians, Barbadians or Surinamese who are legal residents and/or hold a work permit in any of those countries.
1. Fill out the Application Form L1. Download it from http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/trinidadytobago/ .
2. Valid passport, for at least 6 months from intended date of entry.
3. Original Letter of Invitation from Organizing Committee, Federation or Association in Mexico, that includes the following information:
· Name and nationality of person or persons applying for the visa.
· Name of Organizing Committee, Federation or Association.
· Letterhead of Organizing Committee, Federation or Association with contact information.
· Information of the activity or event to be carried out by the person or persons applying for the visa.
· Duration of activity or event that the person or persons will be participating in.
· Indicate responsibility for expenses during the stay in Mexico.
4. Copy of identification of person signing the Letter of Invitation.
5. Letter of appointment from Organizing Committee, Federation or Association sending the person or persons to Mexico, indicating responsibility for expenses during the stay in Mexico.
6. Copy of Identification of person signing the Letter of Appointment.
7. Return airline itinerary.
8. One passport size photograph (minimum size 3.2 cm x 2.6 cm; maximum size 3.9 cm x 3.1 cm; white background, no eye glasses).
9. One photocopy of the following documents: passport bio data page; National ID; any former Mexican visa; any valid visa from other country; marriage certificate, if required. If documents are in a language other than Spanish or English, a simple translation to either of these languages will be required.
10. Proof of permanent or temporary legal residence (visa and work permit) will be necessary if you are not a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago, Barbados or Suriname.
11. Appointment required. Monday to Friday, 10:00 am to 1:00pm. Please make your appointment at (868) 622-1422, ext. 229.
12. Visa fee: US$36 payable in TTD (Please request exact amount in TTD prior to arriving at the Embassy).