This type of visa is appropriate if:
- You are traveling to study in Mexico for more than 180 days
- You don´t have a work authorization
- Apply at this Consular Section in person
- Fill out the application form
- One photo passport size (1.5 x 1.75 inches), color, no glasses, white background
- Valid passport in original and one color photocopy of the page containing personal information
- If not a South African citizen, valid proof of legal residence/entry in South Africa and one photocopy
- Original acceptance letter from the School/Institution/University, which must include:
|Applicant’s full name
||Family name and given name as shown at the national passport|
|Level of Study/Degree||Specifying degree or type of diploma|
|Field/program of study
||General academic or subject areas|
|Name of Program/Studies/Course||Specific name of the course/program or studies Exchange program, Internship, etc.|
|Length of program||Beginning and completion dates|
|Tuition fee||Total fees required, including tuition and homestay if applicable|
|Full Name of the Institution and additional information
||The letter must include name of the institution, institution´s mailing address, telephone, fax number, e-mail, Web site, and name of contact|
||The letter must be issued with letterhead; address and signature in ink by institution representative|
- Proof of economic capacity:
- Last twelve months of bank statements*, last twelve months of international credit cards statements probing to have a permanent balance of approximately 950,000.00 ZAR per month, or a letter proving to have a scholarship or other financial assistance that covers tuition and living expenses.
- Sponsor by parents or legal guardian (for students under 25 years old): original letter from parents stating that they will be financing their son’s or daughter’s studies (affidavit of support) AND proof of economic solvency of parents.
- ID copy of parents (valid passports) and applicant’s birth certificate (original and copy).
* The bank statements must be stamped by the banking institution.
Visa applications will be received only Monday to Friday, from 9:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
Click here to know which days the Consular Section will be closed
You can also request an appointment through MEXITEL, a free online appointment system, at the following link:
You will need to set up an account and choose the most suitable time for your appointment at the Consular Section of the Embassy. Once you have booked your appointment, the system will generate a confirmation letter, which you must bring with you to the Embassy on the day of your appointment. The letter can also be sent to the email account that you provide.
Early application is highly recommended. Please note that, if you wish to reschedule or if you miss your appointment, you will need to file a new request following the above procedure.