This type of visa is appropriate if:
- You are traveling to study in Mexico for more than 180 days
- You don´t have a work authorization
- Apply at this Consular Section in person
- Fill out the application form
- One photo passport size (1.5 x 1.75 inches), color, no glasses, white background
- Valid passport in original and one color photocopy of the page containing personal information
- If not a South African citizen, valid proof of legal residence/entry in South Africa and one photocopy
- Original acceptance letter from the School/Institution/University, which must include:
|Applicant’s full name
||Family name and given name as shown at the national passport|
|Level of Study/Degree||Specifying degree or type of diploma|
|Field/program of study
||General academic or subject areas|
|Name of Program/Studies/Course||Specific name of the course/program or studies Exchange program, Internship, etc.|
|Length of program||Beginning and completion dates|
|Tuition fee||Total fees required, including tuition and homestay if applicable|
|Full Name of the Institution and additional information
||The letter must include name of the institution, institution´s mailing address, telephone, fax number, e-mail, Web site, and name of contact|
||The letter must be issued with letterhead; address and signature in ink by institution representative|
- Proof of economic capacity:
- Last twelve months of bank statements*, last twelve months of international credit cards statements probing to have a permanent balance of approximately 950,000.00 ZAR per month, or a letter proving to have a scholarship or other financial assistance that covers tuition and living expenses.
- Sponsor by parents or legal guardian (for students under 25 years old): original letter from parents stating that they will be financing their son’s or daughter’s studies (affidavit of support) AND proof of economic solvency of parents.
- ID copy of parents (valid passports) and applicant’s birth certificate (original and copy).
* The bank statements must be stamped by the banking institution.
Click here to know which days the Consular Section will be closed