(LONG TERM VISA)
This type of visa is appropriate if:
- You are traveling to Mexico for retirement, investments, professional activities, technical activities, artistic activities, scientific activities, and sport activities or as a minister of religion
- You will be in Mexico more than 180 days
- You don´t have a work authorization
- Apply at the Consular Section in person
- Fill out the Application form
- Valid passport in original and one color photocopy of the pages containing personal information
- If not a South African citizen, valid proof of legal residence/entry in South Africa and one photocopy
- One photo passport size(size 1.5 x 1.3/4 inches), color, no glasses, white background
- Original financial records: last twelve months of your bank statements (The bank statements must be stamped by the banking institution), last twelve months of pay stubs, employment letter specifying your position and salary, and the last twelve months of international credit card statements. You can also submit official documents proving the ownership of a property/company/business and one photocopy of them, or a yearly social security statement.
- If a company/organization/association in Mexico is sponsoring or inviting the foreign national, the applicant can submit an original invitation letter from them. The invitation must have a letterhead, address and signed in ink. Scanned or PDF versions won’t be accepted. Ministers of religion should submit original letter of consent (anuencia) from Mexico’s Ministry of Interior (Secretaría de Gobernación).
- Payment of Consular fee (only cash ZAR)
- Visa applications will be received only Monday to Friday, from 9:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
The original invitation letter from the company/organization/association based in Mexico must be addressed to the Consular Section of the Embassy of Mexico in South Africa requesting the visa, and specifying:
- Applicant´s full name
- Registration number of the company/organization, plus address, complete name and contact information of the company/organization
- Exact purpose or activity and length of time for the trip to Mexico
- How expenses will be covered
- Copy of ID of the person who signed the invitation letter
Please note that you can also submit a Long-Term Visitor Visa Application if you can prove that you are an international traveler (at least three valid visas of non-bordering countries), Mexican citizen´s spouse (original and 1 photocopy of marriage certificate) or an international freight cargo driver.