If you are a Czech citizen, a citizen of the Schengen Area, UK, USA, Canada or Japan or if you have a permanent residence permit for any of those countries, or if you have a valid visa for UK, USA, Canada or Japan, you DO NOT REQUIRE A VISA to visit Mexico under the following conditions:

  • The purpose of your visit is tourism, education or business.

  • The duration of your stay does not exceed 180 days.

  • You will not receive any remuneration at all from Mexico.

However, it is necessary to have: A valid passport with more than 6 months of validity (Mexican authorities require a passport to be valid for the duration of the stay in Mexico, but the transit countries and airline companies may have other requirements).

Permanent residents in Czech Republic must prove their permanent resident status to the immigration officer in Mexico at the port of entry, by having the word “Permanent” stated on their residence permit or by a letter of the immigration authorities of the Schengen country where they reside, stating his status as “Permanent Resident”. 

Please notice that the Immigration Authorities at the port of entry may request certain documents to verify the purpose of your visit depending on the activity you will undertake in Mexico.



For an appointment or further information, please contact: Esta dirección de correo electrónico está siendo protegida contra los robots de spam. Necesita tener JavaScript habilitado para poder verlo.



Visitors to Mexico who will remain less than 180 days for vacation, business or transit and will not pursue any job or activity that will provide them with any income.



Applicable to foreigners who intend to enter Mexico as a permanent resident status.


Applicable to foreigners who intend to enter Mexico on a temporary resident status because of a job offer.


Applicable to foreigners who wish to enter Mexico with an immigration status as a temporary resident to study for more than 180 days but not exceeding four years.



Applicable to foreigners who intend to enter Mexico as temporal resident status.

  • INVESTOR Applicable to foreigners who intend to enter Mexico as a temporary resident status in order to stay for more than 180 days and no more than four years and own a bussiness in Mexico.



  •  ECONOMIC SOLVENCY/RETIRED Applicable to foreigners who intend to enter Mexico on temporary resident status in order to stay for more than 180 days and not more than four years, are retired or have savings.



  • OWNERSHIP OF REAL STATE PROPERTY Applicable to foreigners who intend to enter Mexico as a temporary resident status in order to stay for more than 180 days and no more than four years and own a property in Mexico.




 Remember: If you are granted a Mexican visa you will be able to travel to Mexico. It does not guarantee entry to the country, where the final decision will be taken by an immigration officer at the point of entry

Please notice that there is no reimbursement for visa payment, even if the visa is denied. The payment is for the review of your application, so please check carefully that you have all of required documents before submitting your application.

We strongly advise NOT to make any travel arrangements until a decision on your visa has been made.

The embassy will not take any responsibility for any plane tickets purchased before your visa has been approved.



The Ministry of Agriculture prohibits the following goods since they represent a great risk for the introduction of plagues and diseases: earth, straw, padded containers of hay, straw decorations without processing; homemade foods; flours of animal origin; fresh, dry, canned or frozen meat and meat products. For additional information please visit:


At the port of entry you must declare to the customs authorities and present the medical prescription or license issued by competent authority. The former must state name of the doctor authorizing the prescription, his signature, contact details (telephone, address) and professional register. The medical prescription or license must also state amount of the substance required by the patient during her or his stay in Mexico, the amount bringing into the country and the daily dose. The medicament must not exceed of the amount required for your stay in the country. The prescription must be translated into Spanish.

In order to bring a pet (dogs and cats) into Mexico, the following documents


- If you enter by land, you are entitled to bring up to US$75 worth of goods in addition to the goods included in your personal luggage, and that you are allowed to combine this amount with family members.

- If you enter by air, you are entitled to bring up to US$300 worth of goods in addition to the goods included in your personal luggage, and that you are allowed to combine this amount with family members.

- If you exceed this exemption or if your family’s combined amount exceeds the combined exemption, but the value of the goods does not surpass three thousand dollars, there is a flat 15% rate of duties and taxes, which is applied only to the amount exceeding the exemption (individual or combined). You must fill out a payment form, which is available at the Customs counter.

- If the value of the goods surpasses three thousand dollars (per family member) after subtracting the US$75 exemption by entering by land or US$300 by entering by air, or if any of the goods is subject to non-tariff regulations or restrictions, you must hire the services of a customs broker.



Upon arrival with your pet to Mexico you should contact the SAGARPA-SENASICA office who will perform a brief physical inspection and request compliance of the following requirements:

1) Health Certificate in original and copy (more than one pet could be included in the same certificate) issued by an official veterinarian or private physician stating:

The name and address of the exporter (country of origin address) and importer (destination in Mexico address).

That the animal(s) have been vaccinated against rabies, indicating the date of application of the vaccine and the validity of the same, animals under 3 months old are exempted from this requirement.

That at the time of inspection prior to travel, the animal(s) was clinically healthy.

That the animal(s) has been subjected to a preventive treatment against internal and external parasites, within the previous six months and is free of ecto-parasites. (THIS REQUIREMENT DOES NOT APPLY TO PETS FROM USA AND CANADA).

If you do not meet the requirements above, you can request the services of a veterinarian of your choice in Mexico, who will issue a new health certificate and/or apply the appropriate treatment.

2) Your pet must enter Mexico on a conveyor, container, Kennel or other, clean, no bedding or similar materials without attachments or accessories, otherwise it will be removed by the staff for official destruction. Said conveyor will receive a preventive spraying treatment by personnel of SAGARPA-SENASICA.

3) You can bring along dry food, corresponding to the portion of the day and accompanied by the pet, or a package of 50 lb per family or its equivalent in kg, it could be packed in a single package or up to two as long as it does not exceed the permitted amount; otherwise they must come from countries with combination of requirements as in Section Animal Health Consultation Requirements for Import, packaged, labelled and not containing ruminant origin.

We remind you that Mexico has such foods that have the registration and authorization of SAGARPA-SENASICA.

4) If you send your pet documented as cargo, it is important that you check the requirements in the airline of your choice and consider the need to use the services of a customs agent for Customs clearance upon compliance with non-tariff regulations for SAGARPA-SENASICA.

Health certificate issued by a private veterinarian must be issued on letterhead paper printed with the number of professional license or photocopy of the same (or equivalent) and signature.

If you transport from one to three pets the procedure for issuing the Animal Health Import Certificate is free if you bring four or more you must cover the cost of the same. You can make payment through any bank counter using the e5cinco format or via Internet at the following site:

Remember that compliance with the regulations established by SAGARPA-SENASICA does not exempt you from compliance with regulations of other authorities at the point of entry into Mexico.

For more information visit: