According to Mexican Immigration Law which came into force on 9 November 2012, British and EU nationals who are going to undertake the following “Activities Non Remunerated” in Mexico for less than six months are exempt of Visa: Filming & photography , correspondent to cover an special event (Journalist) or research.
To enter the country visitors must declare the purpose of their visit and fulfil the following requirements:
- A valid Passport at the time of the intended date of entry to Mexico.
- At the port of entry the immigration authorities may request additional information such as main destination, hotel accommodation, return ticket, proof of financial means (international credit cards, debit cards or traveller's cheques).
Note: Visitors must obtain and complete a landing card (FMM form) from the airline or at any port of entry in Mexico. The immigration officer will stamp the FMM card upon arrival. PLEASE KEEP IT IN A SAFE PLACE AND DO NOT LOSE IT. YOU WILL BE ASKED FOR THIS DOCUMENT AT YOUR DEPARTURE FROM MEXICO. The Mexican migratory authorities have the faculty to grant or deny the entry into Mexico if the visitor does not fully comply with the migratory regulations.
- Temporary equipment importation consular stamp:
For a temporary equipment importation to cover a special event to film or photograph in Mexico for cultural, scientific, artistic, historical and educational programs, they must obtain a consular stamp. In order to comply with this requirement, please follow the instructions below:
1. The person in charge of the film or photo equipment should make a detailed list of the material and technical equipment to be used during the period of filming, including the individual value of each item.
2. Original passport of the person in charge of the equipment.
3. An original headed letter from the company stating the program’s project to be filmed, goals, length of project, final destination where the program will be broadcasted, as well as dates, itineraries and film locations. The letter must also mention the name, nationality and passport number of the person in charge of the equipment.
Nota bene: There is NO consular fee for a consular stamp. Non-British or EU nationals are advised to check beforehand with this Consulate as additional documentation might be required.
Processing time: One working day after handing in the aforementioned documentation, in a complete and satisfactory manner. Opening hours Monday to Friday from 9:00am until 1:00pm.