The Mexican Police Clearance is a two stages procedure. The Embassy is involved only in the first stage of the process.
- Complete name
- Postal address in NZ
- Reason of applying for the Police Clearance
- A scanned ID (passport, driver’s license)
- State in Mexico where the Clearance will be requested * (Please see note below)
The Embassy will prepare a letter that will be sent to the postal address you provide us.
Second stage: The letter prepared by the Embassy and the following documentation must be presented in the Procuraduría General de la República* (Please see note below). If the applicant cannot go personally he/she will entitle a person to conduct the procedure for them in Mexico (see point 8):
- Original letter prepared by the Mexican Embassy in NZ
- Two sets of finger prints (originals). These can be obtained from police stations in NZ
- Valid official identification (passport, driver’s license). An official translation into Spanish must be provided.
- Proof of recent place of residence (e.g. electricity, water, telephone, bank or rates invoice) in the name of the applicant or a near relative (parents, siblings, uncles or aunts, etc.), no more than two months old. An official translation into Spanish must be provided.
- Migratory form FM-2 or FM-3.
- Birth certificate. A translation by a certified translator must be provided. The documents must be Apostilled.
- Two recent colour photographs, passport-sized, one facing frontwards and the other showing the right profile (without makeup, earrings, glasses, beard, moustache, sideboards or hair over the face – that is, with the face uncovered).
- “Power of Attorney” document given the procedure must be conducted in Mexico City through a trusted acquaintance. This does not need to be notarized, however the document needs to be in Spanish.
- Photocopies of both sides of the current official identifications of the grantor, acceptor and two witnesses.
The documents must be presented to the PGR in Mexico City within 30 days of the letter being issued by the Embassy.
Procuraduría General de la República
Tel. (52 55) 53460000 ext. 508430, 508428
* The Police Clearance can be requested from the Procuraduría General de la República offices in the following states: Aguascalientes, Baja California, Baja California Sur, Campeche, Chiapas, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Colima, Distrito Federal, Durango, Estado de México, Guanajuato, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Jalisco, Michoacán, Morelos, Nayarit, Nuevo León, Oaxaca, Puebla, Querétaro, Quintana Roo, San Luis Potosí, Sinaloa, Sonora, Tabasco, Tamaulipas, Tlaxcala, Veracruz, Yucatán y Zacatecas.