As an Irish/European Union passport holder, you may travel to Mexico on holidays  without a visa for a period of up to  180 days .


"According to the new regulations, from the 1st of May 2010 it is not necessary to apply for a tourist, business or transit Mexican visa if you hold a VALID VISA for the United States of America -regardless the nationality- . Immigration authorities in Mexico will ask for your US visa and a valid passport when you arrive. "


"Permanent residents in Canada, Japan, The United Kingdom (Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK), The United States of America or the Schengen countries wishing to travel to Mexico do not require a visa to enter the country as a tourists and business visitors for a 180-day stay and as a visitors in transit for a 30-day stay." 

If you are a citizen of Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Island, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, United States of America, Uruguay or Venezuela, you may travel to Mexico on holidays without a visa for a period of up to  180 days.

If you are a citizen of any other country and you live in Ireland, please find the requirements to apply for a tourist visa:



1.   Valid Passport


2.   Application form duly completed.


3.   A recent passport-sized photograph.


  1. Prove of economic solvency:

a)    Original work or study letter expressing salary and period working or studying at the company or institution, or letter from the person (sponsor) who supports you economically, provided that you are a family dependent, which must be proved with e.g. certificate of birth or certificate of marriage. In case of family dependent, it is also required sponsor's passport photocopies of the pages containing holder's photograph and personal details.

b)    The last three pay slips, the last three current account statements in which your salary is transferred, the last three saving account statements or the last three international credit card statements, from the applicant or from the person who supports you economically if you are a family dependent.

5. Proof of being temporary resident in Ireland. A photocopy of the Irish visa or residence permit is required (GNIB card).

6.      Payment of fees made in cash, on the day of the appointment. (See Applicable Fees Section)


Please send the above mentioned documents to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view

We will contact you once the application is received and processed. Once the application is approved, we will contact you to book an appointment online.

  •  To book an appointment click here

If you would like to obtain more information regarding different type of visas (e.g. work permit, student visa, etc…)   please send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view



Visitors must obtain a landing card (FMT form) from the airline or at any port of entry in Mexico and complete this form with his/her individual information. The immigration officer will stamp the FMT card upon arrival. PLEASE KEEP IT IN A SAFE PLACE AND DO NOT LOSE IT. YOU WILL BE ASKED FOR THIS DOCUMENT AT YOUR DEPARTURE FROM MEXICO. The Mexican migratory authorities have the faculty to grant or deny the entry into Mexico if the visitor does not fully comply with the migratory regulations.

Redes sociales