Please note the following:
· Visa processing duration is between 2 and 10 working days.
· Schedule an appointment and turn up personally at the Embassy (the visa can be issued neither by internet nor by post or through a third person).
· Kindly apply at least six weeks before your intended departure date; late submissions will not be entertained.
· Verify whether you need a transit visa to contact the appropriate Embassy for a visa acquisition.
I. Present an original traveling passport and a photocopy of at least 6 month validity and enough blank pages.
II. Fill out the visa application form.
III. One passport size photograph (size 1.5 x 1.3/4 inches OR 32.0 millimeters x 26 millimeters and at most 39.0 millimeters x 31.0 millimeters ), in color, no glasses, uncovered face and white background with a neutral facial expression.
IV. Original and copy of the document proving legal residence (visa and / or resident card), applicable to foreigners who are not nationals of the country where the visa application is to be submitted.
Please also present the following documents:
Social ties to the country of residence:
- Original and photocopy of official documents proving the ownership of a property for at least 2 years, as well as an original letter from the applicant’s employer, stating: length of employment (minimum 2 years); exact position and monthly salary; purpose of travel; and dates of travel to and from Mexico,
2. Original and photocopy of official documents proving the ownership of a property for at least 2 years, as well as original and (1) copy document that proves participation in business or investments issued by competent authorities, for minimum of 2 years.
Proof of economic solvency:
1. Original and (1) photocopy of personal pay slips of the last three months and stable employment record with minimum of one year.
2. Original and (1) photocopy of personal bank statements or current savings accounts of the last three months.
3. In the case of foreigners who are pursuing regular studies in institutions of higher education, kindly present the original proof of studies and the original proof of stable employment, pension or scholarship.
Include the following when attending an event, conference, seminar, summit, forum or the like:
NOTE: Scanned copies of letter are not acceptable.
- An original letter of commitment stating that the organization or public/private institution that invites the applicant to participate (non-profit activities only) will be responsible for the applicant’s stay in Mexico as well as her/his return to the country of origin.
The letter must include the following information:
I. Applicant’s full name and nationality.
II. Institution’s name or Corporate name of the organization or company.
III. Official registration number of the company / organization (where applicable).
IV. Main activity of the public or private organization / company.
V. Full address and contact information of the institution / company / organization.
VI. Information about the exact activity that the applicant is going to perform in Mexico or precise purpose of the project the applicant would take part in. (Please note that the activities to be performed by the applicant while in Mexico, must be related to the inviting company/organization’s main activity)
VII. Exact duration of the applicant’s stay.
VIII. Statement of commitment of liability or responsibility for the applicant during his/her stay in Mexico and return to country of origin.
IX. Include a photocopy of an official ID which has photo and signature of the person who signs the letter.
2. To prove that there are sufficient resources to meet the obligation referred in point VIII of the above section, the inviting organization or private institution that bears the cost shall present an original and a copy of investment receipts or bank account statements of the past twelve months. Kindly note that public or private institutions belonging to the Mexican National Educational System do not need to prove economic solvency.
3. Documents by which the applicant proves that has the necessary experience, capacity, skills or expertise to carry out the activity for which has been invited, original and a photocopy.
NOTE: Present a note verbale (Official letter) if it is an official event attended by a holder of an official, service, diplomatic or laissez-passer passport or if the cost will be borne by a government entity, the United Nations, the World Bank or an authority of the like.
- Original and copy of admission letter from an institution belonging to the National Educational System to take courses, pursue studies or conduct research projects or undertake academic or professional training for a period of less than 180 days, with the letterhead on the paper from the institution, specifying:
i. Full name of the interested party.
ii. Level, degree, and area of study that will be pursued.
iii. Name of the course to which the applicant has been accepted.
iv. Start and end dates of the course.
v. School fees.
vi. Contact data for the educational institution.
- Proof of economic solvency to cover the cost of enrolment, food, and accommodation during the applicant’s stay in national territory, which could be:
- Original and a photocopy of documents showing that the applicant has a job, pension or scholarship (original letter from the educational institution proving the awarding of the scholarship)
- Original and a photocopy of bank account statements showing sufficient resources to support the applicant in Mexico, from the interested party or his/her parents in the case of applicants under the age of 25.
Other documents that the Consular Section may request, are the following;
1. Flight and accommodation reservation or itinerary.
2. Additional bank documents as proof of economic solvency.
Kindly take the following into account:
• The visa processing fee is a non-refundable $36.00 US dollars (not cedi equivalent) paid when submitting the documents into a Ghanaian bank account.
• The application can only be processed by appointment made through Mexitel. Visit the link https://mexitel.sre.gob.mx for a free-of-cost appointment. You will need to create an account and choose the most suitable time for your appointment.
The Consular Section of the Embassy of Mexico in Ghana:
(Near Ghana International school; Anchor House)
**Minors. Children under 18 years of age have to present their birth certificate and have to be accompanied by either both parents or their legal guardians, or present a notarized authorization from them to be able to travel to Mexico; include copies of the identifications of the parents (applies also for minors travelling alone). When travelling with single parents, widows or divorcees, the corresponding documents should be presented.