1. Proof of Mexican nationality of one or both parents.
  2. Birth certificate of the minor (full version, not an extract).

Note: It must be apostilled or legalized in the country where it was issued and translated into Spanish.

  1. Valid official identification of the parents.

Note: If the mother's identification contains the married name, it will be needed the birth certificate and official identity document in which the name appears with the maiden name.

  1. Marriage certificate of the parents (if they were/are married).
  2. Current official identification of 2 witnesses of legal age.


Once you have all the documents, kindly contact the Embassy via This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to schedule an appointment. Kindly note that the issuance of a birth certificate, as well as the first certified copy,