The registration of death for the issuance of a certificate can only takes place if the deceased is a national of Mexico and has passed away in the circumscription comprised within the jurisdiction of the Embassy of Mexico in Ghana and concurrent countries.
- Present a certified copy of the death certificate issued by the competent authority of Ghana with its respective translation in Spanish.
- Prove the Mexican nationality of the deceased with any of the following documents:
- Mexican passport
- Certified copy of birth certificate
- Certificate of Mexican nationality
- Letter of naturalization
- Declaration of death by the appearing party, family, friend or authority.
- Official identification with photograph and signature of the appearing party.
It is also needed to provide the following information about the deceased:
- Name, surnames, age, occupation and address of the deceased;
- Marital status and, if applicable, name and surname of the spouse of the deceased;
- Names, surnames, age, kinship, house address and nationality of the declarant;
- Name, surnames, age, occupation, house address and nationality of witnesses;
- If the witnesses are relatives, kindly specify the degree to which they are;
- Name of the parents of the deceased, if known;
- The cause of death;
- The time of death, if known, as well as all reports that are available in case of a violent death.
- This process of registration has no cost.
- Certified copies can be requested separately, this attracts a fee.