Countries that are not members of the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents should continue to legalize their documents. In the case of Ghana, all documents must be legalized to be accepted and valid before Mexican authorities.


The Embassy of Mexico only legalizes the following documents:


·         Certificates of birth, marriage, divorce, and death.

·         Academic transcripts and professional certificates.

·         Copies and notarial certificates, powers of attorney.

·         Records, certificates, and documents issued by the Government of Ghana.

·         Judgments and judicial resolutions.

·         Medical certificates certified by a notary public.


Documents that will not be legalized are the following:


  • Wallet-size birth certificates.
  • Translations or photocopies of documents that have not been stamped and signed by a notary public.
  • School documents that do not have the name and signature of the authority that issued them.


In order to legalize your document at the Embassy, the petitioner shall do the following:


  • Legalize the document with the Ghanaian authorities at a notary public.
  • Certify the document at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ghana.
  • Request for an appointment and present the original and one photocopy of the document at the Embassy.
  • Pay a fee of $36 U.S. dollars (not cedi equivalent).