In accordance to National Institute of Migration of Mexico regulation, effective May 1st, 2010, all foreigners regardless their nationality traveling to Mexico, with a valid USA visa, will be allowed to visit Mexico through any port of entry – air, land, sea- without a Mexican Visa; this includes tourist, transit and business trips.
Requirements for Transit Visa
For Filipinos passing through Mexico en route to Central or South America
LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR FILIPINO CITIZENS
TO APPLY FOR A TRANSIT VISA TO ENTER MEXICO
- Duly filled up Application Form. (Available from the Embassy or downloadable from the website: visa forms). For minors, both parents must sign the application form.
- Passport (with validity of at least six months) and Photocopies of the passport.
- 2 pictures (1.5” x 1.5” (inch in size) WHITE BACKGROUND
- A photocopy of the U.S, Canadian, U.K., Japan, or Shengen Visa (if any) is required depending on the route of the trip.
- One Valid Identification card original and photocopy (photocopy the front and back side of the card) Please present any of the following:
§ Driver’s License
§ SSS / GSIS ID card
§ Company ID
§ Valid Student ID
- Financial solvency. Provide All of the following (original and photocopy):
§ Valid International Credit Card (photocopy the backside of the card where signature can be found)
§ Paid Credit Card Statements/Billing statements of credit card (for the last 3 months)
§ Updated bank Statements / Certifications
§ Updated Passbooks/ Bank Books (front page & page with last updated amount
§ Income Tax Return Paper (if employed); Business ownership certifications, duly registered by the Securites and Exchange Commission (SEC). (if self-employed)
§ Business Ownership Certifications, duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) (if self-employed).
§ For Married Couples applying for the visa, separate set of documentation is required. Please provide the Marriage Contract upon application.
§ For Parents and Children applying together for the visa, please present the Birth Certificate/s of the children. Both parents must sign the application form of the child.
- Certification of Employment (original).
- Personal Appearance