Visa for visitors to Mexico
-without authorization for lucrative activities-
Who is this for?
- You are a national of a country that requires a visa to enter Mexico, as shown on this list: http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/Paises_Visa/en.html .
- You’re travelling to Mexico for vacation, business, conferences, religious activities, sporting events, media, transit, studies, etc.
- Your stay in Mexico is 180 days or less.
- You will not do any paid work while in Mexico.
If you hold a visa or resident permit from the United States, Canada, the Schengen Area, the United Kingdom and Japan you do not need to apply for a Mexican visa beforehand. Accredited residents of a country of the Pacific Alliance (Chile, Colombia and Peru) are also exempted.
How do I apply?
Nationals from countries that require a visa to enter Mexico should apply for a visa in person.
The information on the requirements to apply for a Mexican visa and the Visa application format are available here:
- Requirements for Mexican Visa Application
- Mexican Visa Application Form
- Full regulations on Mexican visas (in Spanish)
NOTE: Having been issued a visa does not guarantee entry into Mexico. Access into national territory is approved by migration authorities at the point of entry.