Visa for visitors to Mexico


-without authorization for lucrative activities-

Who is this for?

  • You are a national of a country that requires a visa to enter Mexico, as shown on this list: http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/Paises_Visa/en.html .
  • You’re travelling to Mexico for vacation, business, conferences, religious activities, sporting events, media, transit, studies, etc.
  • Your stay in Mexico is 180 days or less.
  • You will not do any paid work while in Mexico.

If you hold a visa or resident permit from the United States, Canada, the Schengen Area, the United Kingdom and Japan you do not need to apply for a Mexican visa beforehand. Accredited residents of a country of the Pacific Alliance (Chile, Colombia and Peru) are also exempted.

How do I apply?

Nationals from countries that require a visa to enter Mexico should apply for a visa in person.

The information on the requirements to apply for a Mexican visa and the Visa application format are available here:

NOTE: Having been issued a visa does not guarantee entry into Mexico. Access into national territory is approved by migration authorities at the point of entry.