- Categoría: Uncategorised
- Visto: 5197
VISA FOR VISITORS TO MEXICO WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION FOR LUCRATIVE ACTIVITIES
Who is this for?
- Your stay in Mexico is 180 days or less.
- You’re travelling to Mexico for vacation, business, conferences, religious activities, sporting events, media, transit, studies, etc.
- You will not engage in any paid work while in Mexico.
Where and how do I apply?
All applicants must attend in person to a consular interview at the Embassy of Mexico in Ethiopia (see map). Visas cannot be issued neither by internet nor by post.
- Visa application fee is 40 USD –exact amount in cash–, to be paid on the date of your appointment. The fee is non-refundable regardless of the result of your visa application.
- Bring all your supporting documents, originals and photocopies. See list of requirements.
- The Embassy may take up to ten working days to process a visa application from the date of your interview
- There are neither urgent appointment nor urgent visas, please apply at your earliest convenience.
- Showing up for the consular interview does not guarantee that a visa will be issued –since that depends on the compliance of all requirements. Since no assurance regarding the issuance of visas can be given in advance, final travel plans or the purchase of non-refundable air tickets should not be made until you have the visa.
- If you provide us with fraudulent documents or claims, this will result in processing delays and your application being refused. All documents may be subject to verification.
- If you are granted a Mexican visa you will be able to travel to Mexico. It does not guarantee entry to the country.
- Mexican Migration Law imposes severe restrictions on children under 18 years old traveling alone or in the company of adults other than their parents. The application form must be signed by both parents. Legal proof of relationship (i.e. birth certificate) must be provided, dully legalized and translated to Spanish if it’s in a language other than English.
- Application form duly filled and signed by the applicant.
- Passport with at least 6-month validity from the intended date of entry into Mexico. Please bring a photocopy of the personal information page.
- One recent color photograph. Your face must be uncovered, facing front, neutral facial expression, without glasses, and white background. Passport size (at least 32 x 26 millimeters; maximum 39 x 31 mm).
- If you are not Ethiopian, proof of legal stay (i.e. valid visa or resident ID).
- According to the purpose of your trip, prove A, B, C or D below:
A. Financial solvency:
i. Original and photocopy of documents showing that the applicant has employment or pension with a minimum net monthly income of approximately $665 USD or its equivalent in your currency, for the last three months, AND an employment letter indicating that the applicant has been employed for over one year at least; OR
ii. Certified bank statements or proof of investments with a minimum monthly average balance of approximately $1,994 USD or its equivalent in your currency, for the last three months, AND a letter from the bank where the account was opened; OR
iii. If you are currently enrolled in a higher education institution, original proof of studies AND proof of stable employment or scholarship with a minimum net monthly income of approximately $399 USD, for the last three months.
B. Ties to your country of residence:
i. Original and photocopy of official documents proving ownership of real estate for at least 2 years, dully registered under the name of the applicant, AND proof of stable employment for at least the past 2 years; OR
ii. Original and photocopy of official documents proving ownership of real estate for at least 2 years, dully registered under the name of the applicant, AND original and photocopy of official documents proving ownership or participation in businesses for at least the past 2 years.
C. Invitation by an organization or a public or private institution:
i. Original letter, hand-signed, from an organization or public or private institution that invites the applicant to participate in an event or non-profit activity in Mexico. The letter must contain all the following information:
1. Applicant’s full name and nationality;
2. Name of the organization or institution;
3. Official registration number of the organization or institution, where applicable;
4. Mission of the organization or public/private institution;
5. Full address and contact information of the organization or institution;
6. Information about the exact activity or project that the applicant is going to perform in Mexico. The activities to be performed by the applicant must be related to the objectives of the inviting organization or institution.
7. Estimated length or dates of stay in Mexico.
8. Statement of commitment to cover the expenses of the applicant during his/her stay in Mexico and his/her return to the country of origin or residence.
9. Photocopy of official ID with photo and signature of the person who signs the letter.
ii. To prove that the inviting organization or private institution has the financial capacity to cover the expenses of the applicant, it must present original and copy of bank statements or proof of investments with a minimum monthly average balance of approximately $6,649 USD or its equivalent in your currency, for the last 12 months. Kindly note that public institutions or private institutions belonging to the Mexican National Education System do not need to prove financial solvency.
iii. Original and photocopies of documents by which the applicant proves that he/she has the necessary experience, capacity, skills or expertise to carry out the activity for which has been invited.
i. Original (hand-signed) and copy of admission letter from an institution belonging to the Mexican National Education System to take courses, pursue studies or conduct research projects or undertake academic or professional training for a period of less than 180 days, with the letterhead on the paper from the institution, specifying:
1. Applicant’s full name and nationality;
2. Level, degree and area of study.
3. Name of the course or academic activity to which the applicant has been accepted.
4. Start and end dates of the course or academic activity.
5. Tuition fees.
6. Contact information and official registration of the educational institution.
ii. Proof of financial solvency to cover tuition fees, food and accommodation costs during his/her stay in Mexico, which could be:
1. Certified bank statements or proof of investments with a minimum monthly average balance of approximately $997 USD or its equivalent in your currency, for the last three months, and a letter from the bank where the account was opened; OR
2. Proof of stable employment or scholarship with a minimum net monthly income of approximately $665 USD, for the last three months;
3. Financial solvency may be proven by the applicant or by his/her parents or guardians, spouse; or with a letter from the educational institution stating that the applicant has been awarded a scholarship.
Please bear in mind the following information when preparing your supporting documents:
- The Embassy may request further documents after your consular interview if needed to complete your application.
- In all your supporting documents, your name must exactly appear as it is written in your passport.
- Official documents issued in countries other than Ethiopia must be legalized.
- Color photocopies will not be accepted as substitutes of original documents.
- Documents submitted with your application will not be returned.
- Personal invitation letters are not accepted.
Travel facilities and other types of visas
- Please note that all foreigners travelling to Mexico for tourism, transit or business, who hold a valid entry visa or residence permit issued by the United States of America, Canada, Japan, the United Kingdom or any Schengen country, as well as residents of the Pacific Alliance (Chile, Colombia and Peru), may apply for admission into Mexico at any point of entry, whether by air, land or sea, without applying for a Mexican visa.
- For information regarding other types of visas (i.e. temporary resident student visa, permanent residence visa, visas for visitors with authorization for lucrative activities, etc.), please contact the Embassy of Mexico.
- For diplomatic or official visas, please contact the Embassy of Mexico.
Jorge Mario Rosas Pineda
Jefe de Cancillería
Omar Alfredo Bielma Velázquez
Encargado de la Sección Consular y Asuntos Culturales
Head of Consular and Cultural Affairs
Guillermo Alexis Fletes Morales
- Categoría: Uncategorised
- Visto: 4161
Correo electrónico | Email
Teléfonos | Phone numbers
+251 (0) 11 646 1479 | +251 (0) 11 646 4532 | Fax: +251 (0) 11 647 9333
El teléfono de protección para la comunidad mexicana es: +251 911 25 55 92 (situaciones de urgencia)