1st University Photo Contest:
Mexico, a World of its Own
1. About the contest:
The Embassy of Mexico in Korea, the Mexico Tourism Board and The Korea Times invite students and faculty members of Korean universities, who have attended an exchange program in Mexico or visited as tourists, to take part in the 1st University Photo Contest: Mexico, A World of its Own.
Mexico has climbed from the 15th (2012) to the 7th most visited country in the world (2017), outpacing the global industry average in growth by several times. The amazing progress in the number of international visitors to Mexico reflects the recognition of the country as a mega-destination offering diverse and vibrant experiences, which beckon travelers again and again, for even longer visits each time, in order to fully explore the richness and diversity found everywhere.
With this idea in mind, the 1st University Photo Contest aims to share the experiences of Korean students and faculty members of local universities who have visited Mexico within the framework of the dynamic and increasing exchanges in the education sector. By sharing diverse and vibrant stories of Korean visitors to Mexico, the Contest seeks to highlight the rich and multiple exchanges taking place between Mexican and Korean peoples, as well as to encourage more students and academics to visit Mexico and foster our social and cultural interactions.
Due to the massive development of digital technology, the Contest will allow submissions from any digital device with capacity to produce photographs, such as cameras, mobile phones and tablets, among others.
- 5 nights accomodation (double occupancy) and 1 roundway flight ticket Seoul-Cancun with Aeromexico®
- The Grand prize winner’s photo will be published by The Korea Times.
- The best 20 pictures, including the Grand Prize winner’s, will participate in an exhibition arranged by the Embassy of Mexico. The selected participants for the exhibition will receive a diploma.
3. How to enter the photo contest:
- Korean students or faculty members from local universities (public and private), who have travelled to Mexico within an academic program or as tourists, are eligible to participate. A proof of travel and enrollment in a Korean university may be requested.
- Each participant may send up to 3 photographs.
- The transfer by email of each set of maximum 3 photos should not exceed 10 MB. If the size exceeds 10MB the photos must be sent through WeTransfer or Google Drive.
- Color or black and white photographs taken with any type of digital device (digital cameras, phones, tablets, etc.) are allowed.
- The usual adjustments to the photos presented may be made, but transformation or digital manipulation of the photos will not be accepted.
- If the jury observes some kind of manipulation or assemblage, they will request convincing information regarding its elaboration.
- The following photographs will NOT be admitted:
- Images with watermarks, signatures, frames or captions.
- Assemblages with different shots in different files.
- Photographs with derogatory, violent and/or bigoted content.
- Images of aggressions against nature in general.
- Photos that have won prizes in other contests.
- Photos must be accompanied by the corresponding information in a Word document indicating: full name, address and phone number of the author, technical data, equipment, content or description, place and date of production, the author’s comments about her/his experience in Mexico, as well as any additional information for the jury’s evaluation.
The jury will be comprised of one member of the Embassy of Mexico, one member of the Tourist Promotion Board and one representative from The Korea Times.
5. Important dates:
- Photographs submission: From May 28 to the 24:00 hours of July 27, 2018.
- Publication of winners: The winners will be published at the Embassy’s website, Facebook and Twitter accounts on August 15, 2018.
- Exhibition period: September 12 to October 12, 2018.
- Newspaper publishing of the winner’s photo: September 17, 2018.
6. Important information:
- The Grand Prize winner will be notified by email or other means as of the date of the publication of the contest’s results.
- When submitting photographs, the authors allow their use in the different platforms of promotion of the contest: on the organizers’ websites, social networks, audiovisual projections, exhibition, catalog, among others.
- The use of the pictures will not have any economic interest. The organization is also obliged to respect all the rights of photographers, guaranteeing that they are the sole intellectual owners of their works and, at no time, any type of exclusivity or ownership will be requested, including any use different than the promotion of the contest and, if necessary, the publication of a catalog.
- Any matter not contemplated in this Call will be decided by the jury.
PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST IMPLIES ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LISTED ABOVE. THE DECISION OF THE JURY WILL BE FINAL.
Síguenos en nuestras redes sociales:
Contactos: Raúl Mendoza Gallo
(Español / English)
Agregado de Prensa