SNU President Fellowship (SPF)
2018 Spring Semester
Recognizing its global social responsibility, Seoul National University launched the 「SNU President Fellowship」 to provide opportunities to faculty members of major universities in developing countries of Asia to pursue Ph.D. degrees at SNU. Based on the recognition that the main driver for national development of Korea has been its human capital, Korea is now responsible to share its experiences with other developing nations.
2. Details of the Award
A recipient of SPF will be awarded the following for the first three years of their program:
- Full tuition fees
- KRW 24,000,000 yearly stipend (paid over 12 months)
- A round-trip airfare
- Korean language training
- Medical Insurance
An applicant must be BOTH:
- a faculty of major universities WITHOUT PD. degree from developing countries in Asia, Africa, South America etc.
- admitted and/or enrolled to SNU as Ph.D. student for the given semester
Selection priority will be given to faculty members from major universities in developing countries in Asia, Africa, South America etc.
4. Research Areas
Applicants can apply to pursue Ph.D. in any research areas but selection priority will be given to applicants doing exceptional work in engineering, medicine, public health, agriculture, developmental studies, Korean studies, etc.
5. SPF Application Timeline for 2018 Spring Semester
|Admission to Seoul National University|
|Online Application http://en.snu.ac.kr/apply/info/||Aug. 7 (Mon), 2017 ~|
|Submission of Documents to SNU Office of Admissions||Aug. 31 (Thu), 2017|
|Announcement of Admissions Decision||Aug. 7 (Mon), 2017 ~|
|Application to SPF Scholarship|
|Application and Submission of Documents to the college / department||Nov. 27 (Mon), 2017 ~ Dec. 20 (Wed), 2017|
|Application Packages from college/department to SNU Office of International Affairs||Dec. 20 (Wed), 2017 ~ Dec. 22 (Fri), 2017|
|Announcement of the Decision||Jan. 15 (Mon), 2018|
Note: All application and evidentiary documents must be submitted by the college on
behalf of students to the Office of International Affairs.
6. Documents required for SFP
- SPF Spring 2018 Application Form (including study plan)
- Certificate of Employment (as a faculty member)
- Certificate of Graduation (Bachelor & Master degrees)
- Recommendation Letter from the Dean of Affiliated College at SNU
- Admission Guide for International Students (Spring 2018, Graduate)
- SPF Spring 2018 Application Form
8. Contact Information
- Address: Office of International Affairs, Bldg. 152 CJ International Building, Seoul National University, 1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul, Korea 08826