Category: Visas Foreigners
Hits: 4861

Foreigners who experience the theft, loss or destruction of their temporary or permanent residence card while abroad, must file a Request for Replacement at the closest Mexican Embassy or Consulate. Issuance of this visa will depend on the authorization of the National Migration Institute.

Once the foreigner has the corresponding authorization, s/he must make an appointment at the consular office and attend in person with the following documentation:

  1. Visa application form printed on one page, double-sided, properly completed and signed.
  2. Valid passport or travel and identity document, original and a photocopy of the page containing the photograph and personal data.
  3. One photograph measuring 3.9 cm x 3.1 cm, face uncovered, no eyeglasses, frontal view, in colour, with white background.
  4. Original and a photocopy of the report filed with the competent authority in the location where the theft, loss or destruction of the temporary or permanent resident card occurred.
  5. Original temporary or permanent resident card, in the case of partial destruction.
  6. Payment of fees in cash for the processing of the visa application. When the period of stay is less than 180 days, the applicant must also pay the migratory fees.

Important Notes: