Main Menu

Español Deutsch | English ]



I do not have Mexican citizenship, the entry requirements for non-Mexican will depend on the nationality and purpose of travel.


Mexican citizens that hold other nationalities must identify themselves as Mexicans at the moment of entering national territory without exceptions, in accordance with Article 12 of the valid Nationality Law. 


Attention! Please read the informative leaflet about entering Mexico for all visitors with or without visa requirement.

Español | English | Arabic | Farsi | Français | Russian | Turkish | Ukrainian | German ]


  1. I hold a valid passport of one of the member countries of the European Union, including Austria, Slovakia and Slovenia.

Citizens who hold a valid passport from one of the countries of the European Union, including Austria, Slovakia and Slovenia, DO NOT REQUIRE A VISA to travel to Mexico, if the purpose of the trip is tourism, business or transit, and the length of the stay is less than 180 days. In these cases, you will only need to have a passport that is valid at the time of entering Mexico and valid for the duration of your visit.

The above information applies to citizens of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden. 

If you are a citizen of the European Union but the purpose of your visit to Mexico is different than tourism, transit, student on exchange (one) semester or business, for example: work, or long term residence as family member, studies over two semesters or to retire, you DO NEED to obtain a visa before traveling. The requirements for each type of visa are available under the “VISAS” section.

The effective entry into Mexican territory is decided on a case-by-case basis by the migration agent at the airport or at the border crossing. Embassies and Consulates of Mexico do not intervene in this process. Not needing a visa does not guarantee that you will be allowed to enter Mexico.   


  1. I DO NOT hold a passport of one of the countries of the European Union.

If you are traveling to Mexico for less than 180 days and the purpose of your travel is tourism, transit or business, you DO NOT NEED A VISA if: 

  1. You have a valid and unexpired passport from one the following countries and territories: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Belize, Bolivia, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Hong Kong, Iceland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Lichtenstein, Macau, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Monaco, New Zealand, Niue, Norway, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America and Uruguay.
  2. You have a valid and unexpired visa (for multiples entries, and regularly stamped on passport) for one of the countries of the Schengen area, the UK, the USA, Canada or Japan.
  3. You have a valid and unexpired permanent resident card from Canada, Chile, Colombia, Japan, Peru, the United States of America, the United Kingdom or any of the countries of the Schengen Area. The card must verbatim say ‘permanent’ (DAUERAUFENTHALTSTITEL for Austria, TRVALÝ for Slovakia or PERMANENT for Slovenia).


3. If you are not a citizen of one of the countries mentioned in section 1 but are living/working/studying with a temporary resident permit in any member country of the Schengen area (not only the European Union), UK, USA, Canada, Japan, you WILL NEED to obtain a visa in order to travel to Mexico for tourism, transit or business purposes. The requirements for each type of visa are available under the “VISAS” section on this webpage.

4. If your personal situation does not fall under any of the above-mentioned cases, you may verify if your country of origin belongs to the list of states, whose citizens need a visa to enter Mexico (LINK).

Citizens of countries on that list can apply for the corresponding Mexican visa at their nearest Mexican consular office. The requirements for each type of visa are available under the “VISAS” section on this webpage.